Tuesday, October 6, 2015

5 Minutes / 5 Lines Part 2


Written by some members of the Tuesday Morning Writing Circle on October 6, during the first few moments of our gathering


Gabrielle Vehar

why is it that sometimes
those we most love
make us the most irritated
often just by doing
nothing at all


Leah Grady

how a chair holds you
reminds your body
of being held before
in a mother's arms
or father's, or aunt's


Linda Keeler

the thought of breakfast wakes me
cold cereal
but now, no peaches
so dish up the oatmeal
with seeds and nuts and maple syrup


Marty Blue Waters

little bugs with no appetite for my blood
always welcome around me
hard workers climbing an endless wall
quietly reminding me to refocus
lots to do — lots to do


Sara Robbins

I walk the woods
I still see green above
the canopy my cathedral
I talk to you and breathe it in
you loved this place


Sue Perlgut

72 looms
proving that I am
getting older
moving towards
what? I can't say it


Zee Zahava

after nearly a week
the road crew is gone
all that remains
is the tangy scent
of slow-drying tar