Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Elements of My Affection, by Deanalís Resto


You don't know me, but you will.
Take my hand.  Lie next to me and I will expose you to my elements.

I am Air.
Let me caress you.
Breathe me in, my darling, and let me lead you in a dizzy dance that will leave you gasping for more.

I am Fire,
Fiercely passionate.
Allow the dangerous curves of my flames to warm you, kiss you, lick you, tease you, consume you.
But be careful not to get burned.

I am Water.
I can be unpredictable, unstable, emotional.
But let yourself drown in me and I will replenish you, quench your thirst.
Let my currents wash over you, and I will baptize you with raindrop kisses.

I am Earth.
Fertile and vulnerable.
I invite you to explore my mountains and valleys, and I trust you not to poison them.
Nurture me, and I will grow for you beautiful things.