Monday, February 18, 2019

All the Ways I will Not Be Perfect Today, by Yvette Rubio



All the ways I will not be perfect today:



I'll sweep the floor and leave the pile for later.

I'll make tea and leave the soggy tea leaves in the pot until tomorrow.

I'll have hundreds of judgmental thoughts about everyone else's life.

I won't file the pile of bills on my desk.

I'll inevitably say something that will annoy someone I love.

I'll cut the avocado horizontally, an imperfection my older son pointed out to me this Christmas.

I'll not pluck the white eyebrow hair that sticks straight out.

I won't work on family history research.

I'll watch too much on Netflix.

I'll read half of what I intended of the books I checked out from the library.

I won't recycle as much as I should.

I won't compost at all.