Wednesday, January 30, 2019

The Dead Poet’s Voice, by Heather Boob



Your voice let loose,
and then came
bellowing
through mine
the words
formulating from your
heart
constructed through your
pen
making their way onto my
page
a Paramount to my earthly time

I read them aloud
over and over again.
How many times did you?
And did you ever receive the answers
to all of the questions?
Or, did you settle into the
not Knowing?

You have sung the songs of nature
bringing to life its mystery
with word
your hymnals of prayer
creating a joyful noise
in the mourning heart
offering solace to a busy mind
bringing peace to
Rest-lessness

Tell me
I want to know
Did you ever go back and
read aloud your heart
on the page?
And did the words offer you
the same comfort?
And were you ever able to embrace
the Unknown?

And now that you’re gone --
did you receive all of
the answers to the questions
on your journey through
to death?
And were your words
There
to welcome you
Home?