Tuesday, December 16, 2014

What is Clear to Me, by Sue Perlgut


What is clear to me is that each day is a gift. That every moment is a choice. That some choices work and some don’t. That memory may or may not be useful. That I’m glad I forget, yet delighted when an old memory surfaces with sounds, colors, and tastes.
What is clear to me is that I haven’t mastered joy or maybe even recognize it. That loss is inevitable. That good health is to be treasured. That I’m in charge and yet, I need to let go.
What is clear to me is that breathing, deeply, can change a moment, a thought. 
What is clear to me is that I am still afraid and run from my fears and at times run right into them.
What is clear to me is that as I age what I believe has softened, giving me a new understanding and love and at the same time I have become more fierce.